Friday, February 3, 2017

Comfrey 19/3/2016






We have two types of Comfrey, growing...
This morning lit, vibrant leaf belongs to Symphytum uplandica x, who has a pink to purplish flower, whilst Symphytum officinales is a white bloomer.
I just love the glow through the veins in these shots, which for me emphasise this plants ability to regenerate and encourage cell growth. The forms in the leaves, echo clusters of cells. She achievs this so potently that its said, best not to apply her to deep wounds, as if there's any infection beneath and she heals the surface, it can become trapped inside the hurt. One can add a little infused or essential lavendar oil to her salve too.

I have used her also for pain relief, particularly 'restless legs', which strike as cramps during the night. I reached for a jar of salve by my bed and rubbing it in experieneced some sweet relief. Also a dear friends sister reports, the nerve pains of MS, have been eased by her salve. These are results I had not heard of prior to experienecing them. So, mayhaps plants gifts may clarify with listening, gentle sense-ible experiements and openess....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment